I am writing to invite you to be a tester for our Freecycle Alternative, Non-Profit Company. We are currently looking for ALPHA and BETA testers for our new website. Here is everything you should need to know to see if you might be interested.
Individuals and organizations are regularly faced with the problem of deciding what to do with items that still may be useful but that they no longer want. They can also find themselves suddenly in need of an item without being financially capable of purchasing it. GigoIt, Inc. is a nonprofit organization founded in Saint Louis, Missouri. We are currently developing a free public web space for individuals and corporations to donate and receive unwanted items within their neighborhoods. This keeps useful products out of landfills and fosters community involvement.
HERE IS WHAT GIGOIT HAS TO OFFER
* A single account to use nationwide. Access GigoIt services wherever you are.
* Results tailored to the proximity of a zip code that you specify.
* Communication filtering. Users may control the medium and frequency of messages.
* Search by category, date range, item status, photo inclusion and much more.
* Individual or Organization accounts. GigoIt is tailored to be convenient to all parties.
* No Moderators. The site is maintained organically by its users.
* GigoIt Rating System. To promote user trust and responsibility.
* Local Service portal. If GigoIt isn’t your donating solution, we’ll help you find what is.
Users are our focus. Research, focus groups, and our own experiences have fueled the development of and ideas behind GigoIt thus far. We believe that our site should be grown by the people who will be using it, and the users will heavily impact the direction and services GigoIt will provide.
THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO HELP
We feel very strongly that our site should be grown by the people who will be using it. For this reason, we are asking for your input as we begin development with our site. Visit http://www.GigoIt.org and click the "Signup to be a part of GigoIt" link on the bottom of the page.
ALPHA TESTING: August 1st, 2006
BETA TESTING: October 1st, 2006
COMPLETION: January 1st, 2007